Fresh and Easy - Live worm in my strawberry'

I recently bought a container of strawberries from our local fresh & easy. Keep in mind I'm a frequent visitor of fresh & easy and have never really had any issues with them besides the occasional food going bad before the expiration big deal.

I came home and decided to munch on some strawberries. The first *** I took I looked down and saw a black-brown rotted spot with a live worm inside! I immediately spit out the piece I had bitten and almost vomited! I further inspected the strawberry and saw that the worm was in fact alive and feeding from inside the fruit.

This was so disgusting and really made me re-think my purchasing of fruits at fresh & easy. Although strawberries grow on the ground and it's not totally unlikely that a worm or other bugs could get into the fruit, there were no holes or any visible marks that would have warned of little visitors.

Overall, I was really freaked out and disappointed with this discovery. I all my years, I have never bitten into ANY type of fruit or vegetable and seen a live worm or bug. Very nasty! I will be notofying the corp division and I will also be making my way back to Fresh & Easy shortly.

Be carful!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 5 No 5
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 14, 2015 #1064034 Detroit, Michigan

Nature is something else, ain't it?

1 0 Reply

Sep 06, 2015 #1030707 Napa, California

I was born and raised in California, but I have to admit that New Jersey Anon's comment was on point. I can't even stop laughing at it's comedic truth.
Lady, you said yourself that you know strawberries grow in the ground. Is it not possible that it grew around the worm and that's why there were no holes? Just a big juicy bug in the middle.. who had been eating his whole life away? And, if there wasn't even any evidence of life inside showing on the outside of the fruit, then I don't see it being the fault of the store or the farmers. It's nature. Just a strawberry..

2 1 Reply
Hates anon

Sep 16, 2013 #717444 Fresno, California

Freeing New Jersey anon we have option of organic we don't have to buy it and we are majors in fishing *** we use worms unlike you guys what do you Gaylord's ban? Rivers? XD think twice piece of *** ***

0 0 Reply

Feb 02, 2013 #603098 Millville, New Jersey

You Californians kill me! You're all about the whole organic, green, local produce blah, blah, blah.......but you're complaining about a worm in your fresh fruit???? It doesn't get more natural than that! Of course you were freaked out a little, but enough to complain about it? Get over it. Don't worry, you're in CA, before too long there will be reglations banning worms from living in their natural habitat and tax levys on any store owner who harbors worms!!!!

8 0 Reply

Feb 02, 2013 #603094 Bay City, Michigan

You would be surprised at the number of "things" in your food. Most of the time you never notice. Gives you some protein. Take it back for a refund.

3 0 Reply

Feb 02, 2013 #603086 Long Beach, California

This was my review..please forgive the formatting. For some reason, some of the spelling and formatting changed when I submitted my complaint. :)

0 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.