Fresh and Easy - GOOD CHECK FOR FRESH N EASY, 90241

JUST WANTED TO SAY, I'LL TRULY MISS YOUR STORE IN THE CITY OF

DOWNEY, CALIF. IT WAS MY "SERIOUSLY EASY PLACE TO STOP N

SHOP" WHEN I NEEDED THINGS IN A HURRY...I ALSO WANTED TO

MENTION, THE DAIRY PRODUCTS FRESH N EASY CARRIED, WAS THE "BEST" TRIED OTHER SUPER MARKETS AND DAIRY PRODUCTS WAS SPOILED IN 1-WK. ALSO ALL THE PEOPLE THERE WERE "ALL" SO HELPFUL AND I REALLY LOVED THE CHECKING OUT MYSELF SERVICE. I'LL MISS IT ALL. THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER FRESH N EASY STORE

LIKE THIS ONE. I ALSO HAVE MANY FRIENDS THAT WILL MISS THIS

STORE AS WELL.

SADDEN BY THIS CHANGE,

ROSE OF DOWNEY CALIF. 90241

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Fresh And Easy Grapes Review from Phoenix, Arizona

I am not surprised this company is going out of business.

Cool concept with the pre-made meals but poor execution. I only shopped there a couple of times before the closing was announced, I bought grapes that ended up being caked in dirt and required an actual scrubbing, not just a rinse before use. Also, salads that obviously turned before their expiration date. Things were just generally old and gross. Avoiding the pre-made food here defeats the whole purpose of coming in, everything else is just more limited and pricier than competitors. Whole foods and sprouts are better for health foods, trader joes is better for quirky stuff, and the traditional grocery stores are better for the staples. Fresh and easy's niche was convenience but their poor quality blew it.

When the closing was announced, I went in to see if I could take advantage of the liquidation sales. The sales were not great, most of the store was only 10% off, and on a whim I bought lettuce wraps which smelled so bad when I opened it my coworkers immediately agreed it had turned and premade pizza which made me sick. Like calling off work from the bathroom floor sick. Time for this crappy little chain to go.

Fresh and Easy - Customer complaint

I'm sorry your stores are closing, we've enjoyed shopping there in the past. We moved to Murrieta, ca.

and we were happy that there was a Fresh and Easy store nearby. I went in to the Murrieta store to take advantage of the sales especially on the flour. I enjoy using your flour for all my baked goods. There was sign expressing 30% off and I wasn't sure if it applied to all the food products above, as the flour was down below?

This tall older lady with reddish/dark shirt hair pulled out with a big trash dispenser so I asked her my question regarding the price of the flour. Her answer was in a very matter of fact tone of voice like I was bothering her! I shook it off and went about my shopping. I wanted to buy some bread but the kind I wanted as all gone.

I came across these energy bars labeled for .75 they were $1.49 so I read the ingredients and thought I'd try it. Didn't realize it was not marked clearance. So I got to the check stand and the bar rang up $1.49 so I couldn't find anyone and didn't want to leave the kiosk and go in the back to find another one, so I asked the same lady again to help me out on the price and I got a lecture on how I should better check the packaging and took it upon herself to go get me another one, but came back with a total different bar. I asked what it had inside and she got extremely rude and made the comment I don't really care!

If you don't want it I'll put it back!

So she took off in a hough! The last few times I've been in your store some employee's act like their job is a chore, no joy in it and spend more time talking with each other..

Fresh and Easy - Customer Treatment

ever day I go into the store on W lake mead for coffee and breakfast sandwich I am greeted with an empty coffee pot and out of cream, and asking one of the staff to get some can be a real challenge, last time I asked I was told I'll get it when I can, after a few minutes of waiting I politely told the rude lady that I will not be back for anymore coffee, she didn't really care. $5.00 a day isn't much but a happy customer is.

There are many things I love about your store, but the morning shift is not one of them, very rude.

Thank you, R. DePrez

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Morning shift.

Fresh and Easy - Terrible neighborhood relations.

2.8
Layout of Store

when someone left a shopping cart on our street myself and my neighbor called the store(1640 Oceanside Blvd,Oceanside Ca 92054) to have it picked up. (over and over again !) This went on for 1 month.I then emailed corporate explaining the situation and asked them to call me which they never did.Finally a friend of mine knowing how upset I was getting over the situation drove over with his truck to pick it up and drop it off at the store.I again emailed corporate(they do not answer their phone)as this friend really cant afford to waste his money on gas for something that should have been taken care of by the store.yep you guessed it I have never heard back from them.They are not the type of company I want in my neighborhood or wish to give my hard earned dollars to anymore!You would think they could have at least called me.I have shopped regularly at this store since it opened but now will be happy to shop somewhere else!

Preferred solution: I feel that Corporate should reumburse my friend for gas and time for taking care of the problem!.

Comments

That's what you're complaining about? A *** shopping cart? Get over yourself!

Fresh and Easy - No customer support?

2.7
Layout of Store

I converted my points to $10 friends rewards, only to discover once at checkout, my friends rewards are not available to be applied to my purchase. I left the store without being able to complete my purchase, went back home and got online to log into my Fresh and Easy account only to discover all my Fresh and Easy rewards have disappeared from my account, so I called the Fresh and Easy toll-free customer support line (877) 338-6546 which states their hours as being 8:00am to 9:00pm pacific time, I called at 8:00pm pacific time to get a recording that they are closed, call back during regular hours.

Thanks Fresh and Easy!

Fresh and Easy - Rewards Program Review from Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada

Nellis Air Force Base,Nevada
3.1
Layout of Store

I live in Henderson, NV and feel in love with Fresh and Easy before Wild Oats took over, (even though I loved Wild Oats Markets when they existed in the Las Vegas area back in the early 2000's). The issue for me is consistent inconsistencies.

One week they will have two or three products I love and the next week they won't, or they will not have the same products from store to store in the Las Vegas area. Also the new point system is not working for me. I will go to use my friends rewards to find that they have expired. I miss the old friends rewards where you had more time to use your $5 rewards bucks.

I am also noticing a significant price increase in several items from before, like $2 to $3 on certain things. At this point, I am about to walk away and never come back. In the Las Vegas area people do not go to grocery stores to hang out and eat a meal, they mostly go there to shop. Get in, get out and be done with shopping, so the new eatery areas are rarely used and take up unnecessary space.

Perhaps this style of market design works in other communities, just haven't seen it work here yet. One more thing, the new check out areas are awful, take too long, are difficult to use at times with coupons and rewards system and often are glitchy. What's the point of having self check out if a suite attendant has to constantly provide help because of all the difficulties people have. I am very tech savvy and those who are not really struggle.

There is a lot of room for improvements here Fresh and Easy.

You can do better than this. Consistency is sometimes a good thing.

Fresh and Easy is NOT FRESH

Featured Not resolved

Tired of purchasing their salads with as many as 3 days left to be considered "fresh" by their OWN dates/standards only to find unfit lettuce. The brown lettuce is hidden by packets, croutons, nuts, and you can't see the old brown until the package is home & opened.

I am hungry with no car. How do I get my money back when I can't even get back to the store? Make your salads SAME DAY only and STOP robbing people that buy your not so FRESH food!!! I wasn't aware once I opened the packaging that I should have taken a picture of how "perfect" the salads look.

All I could do was capture how it really looked along with what was left once a large part of the brown lettuce was removed. I don't eat brown lettuce at home and I certainly REFUSE to pay for it then eat it.

This is inexcusable. Stop buying this rip-off as I will NEVER purchase this old fooed ever again!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1278029

How long does a head of lettuce last in your house? Jesus.

Fresh and Easy - Staff Review from Los Angeles, California

5.0

as a disabled senior citizen and veteran 75 years old I was banned from the store for asking for napkins this is the store on horizon ridge in Henderson Nevada 89012 I'm 600 South Green Valley Parkway I asked for napkins and the manager requested me and told me if I wanted a chance I could get them bring them myself then he asked me to leave the store has been received the call supposedly from corporate that said that they're committed head confirm the fact that I was banned from the store I don't understand how they can ban a 75 year old Army veteran for asking for napkins my name is John Harper and I live in Henderson Nevada 89012

Comments

You might be a disabled senior citizen, but the fact that you are a Vet has nothing to do with your complaint. You aren't any more important than anybody else in the world.

The only reason you brought up being a Vet is because you thought you would get more sympathy.

But Vets aren't any more important than law officers, fire fighters, EMTs, etc. When you were getting your food why didn't you grab some napkins?

to anonymous Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #968504

I agree with your point but law enforcement, fire fighters, emt aren't any more important than construction workers, taxi drivers, hair dressers etc. We're all equally important but, sadly, often not treated as equally important.

Many government employees served or work in a job where they are often provided extraordinary benefits and retirement.

I have a lot of admiration for the man or woman that works hard supporting their family, their church, etc despite the fact that they are provided little or no benefits and are contributing to a retirement plan (Social Security) than may well be gone by the time they need to access it.

to anonymous Henderson, Nevada, United States #968613

Veteran, yes there are other people in that category but I can't walk and I'm there for ask requested assistance getting the napkins cuz i couldnt get them myself there were none on the table besides that I'm old senior citizen uncovered by the American Disability Act and the manager didn't like Jews because I said hello in Hebrew my slim huh he said don't talk to me like that ask me to leave

Fresh and Easy - Re-labeled expired Fruit

Went to the Burbank store when it first opened. I picked up a bag of limes from the shelf, when an employee said I should get them from a different shelf because they are 1/2 price.

I asked what was wrong with them and was told they are the same. Got them home and tried to juice them. I couldn't get a drop of juice out of them! I peeled back the label and found another label underneath showing they had long ago expired.

In this case, it's 1 strike and you're out.

Never been back. No wonder they are failing.